Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rabbit Ridge Allure de Robles 2009

2009 Rhone style red
Alcohol: 14.6%
$4.99

Okay, so I have to admit, every year when this wine shows up at Trader Joe's I freak out. This is such an amazing wine for only $5! I feel like it's a great value, it drinks like a much more expensive wine and everyone who I've ever shared it with has loved it. It's definitely one of my favorites and I'm kicking myself for not buying a case. Now it's gone for the season and probably won't be back until the winter holidays. It's okay, there's lots of other good wines to drink and experience but this one was just such a bargain.

Nose of:  Cherry, oak, plum, cherry wood, vanilla and a hint of sandalwood.

Flavors of:  Plum, black cherry, oak, pipe tobacco, white pepper and blackberry.

Very smooth wine with nice tannins mid pallet, and in the finish. This wine has a long finish of blackberry, blueberry and Mexican chocolate.

8 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment