Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lost Sonnet Meritage 2007

Napa Valley Blend of 58% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22%Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc
Price: $9.99
Alcohol: 14.5%
Cellared and Bottled by Our Cellars, Healdsburg, CA

This is a new item at my local Trader Joe's, and I got excited because I love red blends and happen to be a big Cabernet Franc fan.  This wine is definitely impressive, those of you who do not like wines with lots of tannins beware. It has a nice bite to it.

Nose of:  Currant, pine, plum, oak, cherry,  and bourbon vanilla.

Flavors of:  Spicy oak, cocoa, barbecued blackberry, dark chocolate and cranberry.

This wine has a peppery mid pallet with dry tannins that mellow into a finish of unsweetened cocoa, coffee and cranberries.

This is a great wine with many levels of flavors.

7 out of 10 stars

3 comments:

  1. I just tried this wine, it's fantastic. Certainly worth $9.99!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love your bourbon vanilla and barbecued blackberry notes! What fun descriptions. I found this quite enjoyable as well, and I quoted you on it over on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got this on sale for $6.99 at our Trader Joe's. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete